Partnering By Prayer
Praise God for:
- The daily strength and comfort God has faithfully provided for Ken, Anna, Josh and their family as they have continued to grieve Kathy’s death. The kindnesses of so many over the past year have been a special blessing.
- The continuing privilege of encouraging one-on-one, intentional discipleship relationships focused on spiritual multiplication. By God’s grace, these relationships are deepening as this strategy of spiritual multiplication takes root in churches and ministries around the world.
- Pastors and ministry leaders who are taking the challenge and opportunity to stimulate fruitful discipleship efforts in their various spheres of influence.
- The faithful prayers and generous financial investments of scores of concerned ministry partners God has used to provide necessary ministry resources.
- The encouragements and faithful support of our board (Dave Salsberry, Tom Lenning, and Brian Givens) as we partner in passionately pursuing the goal of launching Christ-centered spiritual multipliers at home and abroad.
- The love, support, and encouragement of our families and faithful friends. We also rejoice in the way our children are raising our grandchildren (four for Ken and fifteen for Ron and Terri).
Pray consistently for:
- Wisdom as we continue to identify and equip spiritual disciplers. Pray especially for wisdom as we help others gain skills in the rewarding process of identifying and equipping discipleship partners.
- Increased capacity to provide encouragement and sound counsel as we meet with numerous pastors/ministry leaders committed to launching multipliers through one-on-one discipleship.
- Strategic opportunities to preach and lead discipling workshops later this year and into next year.
- Wisdom for Ron as he continues to oversee the administrative challenges of our ministry while also pursuing a vigorous focus on intentional discipleship with key men (as does Terri with faithful women).
- Discernment for Ken as he leads an intentional, one-on-one discipleship effort with a number of students at Dallas Theologocial Seminary. Our hope is that by the end of May 2020, we will have had the opportunity to personally and strategically invest in six men and four women at DTS.
- Pray for our teaching time at Singapore Bible College in late October. We’ve been asked once again to lead a Doctory of Ministry course focused on “Developing Leadership Through Mentoring and Coaching.” We look forward to working with a number of ministry leaders from all over SE Asia. We will also have an opportunity to speak at a church retreat in Malaysia during this trip.
- Our country and especially for our political and religious leaders, asking to give them godly wisdom and courage in their leadership.
- Those in uniform serving our country around the world, that God will protect them as they serve and, with their families, often make great sacrifices on our behalf.
- Many Christ followers in various places who are suffering (and even dying) on account of their allegiance to Christ, that God will grant them courage, comfort, and strength to persevere so that Christ will be glorified and the gospel of Christ made known.
- Joyful generosity for those who continue to invest in this ministry.